Monday, July 25, 2011

Ignorance is bliss

I've not been keeping up lately with my online cancer journey journal thingy.
And it's truly counterproductive, since my goal is to compile parts of these blog posts into something more permanent.
The idea is to self-publish a book...I have the title and everything. ;-) Maybe by sprinkling some humor into a book about breast cancer I can help another woman with a similar diagnosis. That would be my hope.


So it's Monday..and I have more chemo coming up this morning. Woo hoo.

I was
blissfully ignorant a few weeks ago when everyone who has been caring for me in a medical professional way was saying "it's your last chemo"...turns out what they meant was the last treatment featuring that strong "A and C" cocktail. I thought they meant the last chemo.

That's what I get for not reading all the literature given to me at the start of all this. I found it overwhelming, and decided I'd take one day, one week at a time.

That July 5 treatment really knocked me out for more than a week. All I wanted to do was nap.

(Cue the violins here) And it seems like once I started regaining my energy the HORRIBLE HEAT hit. I don't like the heat at all, because I get so sluggish. And with all this medical stuff I feel even more sluggish.

So, that's it from here. Hope everyone is keeping cool. We can try anyway.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Bugger. I didn't want to say anything when you said it was your last chemo because what do I know about chemo, but I had never heard of so few rounds before. Hopefully, this round won't zap so much energy out of you.

big hugs xoxo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

does this mean no more "red devil"? that's the one that gets everyone so sick. sarge had it last year five times, awful. the others weren't nearly as bad. hope you feel better soon honey.

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxo