Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A sad anniversary for me

I want to be silly today. It’s the 32nd anniversary of the day my father died. Looking back at this point in my life, I feel like I didn't know him very long at all. Even today I have questions about stuff for which he would instantly know the answer. A walking encyclopedia, some called him.

I wish I could write like Mimi does, but I can’t seem to find the words to express my feelings here.

So instead I’ll be silly. The cats help in that respect.

Michele, who is a wonderful photographer and sweet blog friend, said yesterday she can’t get enough of my photos of these felines.

Well, here’s Linus, who formerly lived under the futon but now "flies" from above the cabinets to the counter, runs down the hall and screeches to a stop and generally acts like he owns the place.

Here he looks like he has outgrown the cat bed, doesn’t he? A perfect fit, I guess you could say.

9 comments:

Odat said...

Aww..sorry for your loss, even tho it was long ago...I lost my Dad early on too...and it's hard to remember things..so I can relate...just say a prayer...
Peace

Patti said...

thanks, Odat. I will.

sari said...

I'm sorry it's a sad day.

Michael C said...

I love the name Linus and I am sorry that you have such an anniversary to remember...

Unknown said...

Linus is a sweetie. I have a kitty that likes to fly across the cabinets, too. I'm sorry for your anniversary, but how wonderful to have such good memories of your dad.

Linda said...

These are the worst type of anniversaries to remember. It's only been five years since my Dad died so you've got a long time on me but even so, I don't think the sadness ever goes away entirely - or the desire to have wanted more time.

Patti said...

Sari: thank you

Michael: thanks. The other cat is Rigby, an homage to The Beatles' Eleanor
;-)

Randy and Kim: thanks for visiting!

Linda: I agree, it's difficult.

Michele said...

((Hugs)) Just to see you write this post out was expressing your feelings so I would say you have done a huge step! Your father sounded like a very intelligent man and what a title to have, "the walking encyclopedia"... I can understand why you are so very proud of him. He is your hero.

OH, I think it's terrific that cats can help us take our minds off problems and I know I let my Tomba cat do the same. Linus sounds like fun! I get visions of Linus screeching and seeing paw skid marks on the floor... LOL.

Big hugs to you Patti!

Lynn said...

Losing you father at such a young age must have been really tough. I can't imagine what it must have been like for you. You seem to know a lot of the answers, or at least where to research them...maybe that is his legacy living through you. ((hugs)) As far as the felines...nice try at diversion:~)