Monday, March 10, 2008

Avoiding heavy stuff


Aren't these felines of ours a great way to avoid serious stuff? (see recent posts)
If I just talk about the cats, I don't have to divulge too much about our problems ~ you know, what's on the Internet is always there for potential employers to see. And I really don't want to whine.

I've been networking for Ralph a lot lately. The irony of it all is I know everybody in this area who is anybody, and they know me and always are complimentary of the stories I write about their organizations and events.
I'm on a first-name basis with quite a few movers and shakers in this small community. I've told many about our situation and they say they will keep me/us in mind, e-mail me info, etc. I keep networking but so far, nothing.
Ralph may even put his name on the community bulletin board at a supermarket or two, trying to farm himself out for any work that can be done at home on the computer.

6 comments:

Michele said...

The cats are beautiful and I can never get enough ... I think the stories you tell about them are delightful!
The other information is sketchy and it's like a riddle... LOL and I'm trying to read in between the lines... but whatever life is throwing at you and your family... I really hope things get better, I really do.
(Hug)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you know you could write a column about the cats and present it to the paper. you know how cute the cat blogs are, how the cats spell and all, well most people have never read anything like this. i would write it as if the cats wrote it, you know, their experiences adjusting to a new home and all. just an idea... good luck.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

Casdok said...

Things somehow usualy have a way of sorting themselves out. (Not that i have a clue what you are talking about, but it sounds good!)

the moose buyer said...

There must be something for Ralph where you live. I have to believe that good things come to good people and even though I don't know you very well, I really believe from reading both your blogs that Ralph is a super person and something great will turn up from a place he least expects.

Mimi Lenox said...

Uh....Knock knock. Your days of anonymity are over. Brace yourself....

http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com/2008/03/monday-mimisms-with-mimi-queen-of-memes_10.html

Patti said...

Michele: thank you, dear

Bee: It's probably too much of a stretch, but thanks for the idea. ;-)

Casdok: Yes, they seem to. It just takes patience, I guess.

Moosie: I hope you're right!

Mimi: I am still laughing at your post! Silly!!