Sunday, March 16, 2008

All's well...

that ends well.

On Friday I met this adorable kitten (but then again, did you ever see an ugly kitten?) with a sad story that needed to be told.
(Don't worry, this has a happy ending!)
I don't want to re-write the entire article I wrote for the paper, but the gist of it is that this Maine Coon Calico mix kitty was severely abused. The veterinarian thinks she was kicked, because the cat had not cuts or bruises that would indicate being hit by a car.
The tiny nine-week old suffered a torn diaphragm and broken pelvis. She was found on the street March 4.
She underwent surgery and came through the procedure with flying colors.
Today she is a local celebrity and has been adopted.
She purrs incessantly, her foster mom told me Friday, and doesn't fear people.
This kitty has a lot of spunk. And eight more lives ahead of her to enjoy being a beloved house cat.

Photo credit goes to portrait photographer Andrea E. Greenberg of Shelton, Ct.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a lovely kitten!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Linda said...

Now how could someone have possible kicked such a sweet little face like that? How sad but how happy that she has found a loving forever home!

the moose buyer said...

I just love a happy ending. I sure hope this kitty lives a very long a happy 9 lives!!!

Michele said...

Aww.. I'm glad the kitty is ok now...

Casdok said...

Poor thing. So cute. Its beyond me how people can be so cruel.

Christy said...

Aw she is adorable. I'm glad good people are in the world to take care of innocent little animals. =o) And to the bad people, they'll get theirs someday.

Odat said...

Oh I' am sooo glad it had a happy ending! What a cutie!
Peac

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.