Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Whole lot of twinging goin' on ~ and a programming note

I'm getting lots of *twinges* these days as my upper body heals from surgery.
I can't wait for them to stop. One of them today really jolted me as I sat in front of the computer. It was almost like an electrical shock.

I am trying to stay positive, and keep my spirits up any way I can. Having nonsensical one-way conversations with Linus (our feline) seems to help. He's definitely my comic relief.

Now I'm afraid if I let myself feel sad for more than a few minutes I will be hurting the healing process. Sounds silly, but it's true.

So tomorrow (this is the programming note) is the "Ghost Hunters" episode in which the investigators visit the Sterling Opera House in Derby, Ct. The show will be on at 9 p.m. Eastern on the SyFy channel.

I was one of five witnesses interviewed about paranormal activity in the historic opera house. Woo hoo! But did my interview end up on the cutting room floor? We'll see.

6 comments:

Betty said...

Keeping a positive attitude really does help. Both before and after surgery.

I'll try to catch the show.

Linda said...

I was just thinking about tomorrow's night show just before I read this post so we must have been on the same wave length at some point!

I have to admit that when I first read your post title I was wondering what on earth "twinging" was and thinking it was some sort of new social networking skill like tweeting! After reading further I see you were referring to twinges!

So far I think you get an A++ for maintaining a positive attitude even if you do have the occasional lapse into the non-positive which is certainly permissible and to be expected.

Baby steps, okay?

Barb said...

Talking to one's cat? Absolutely! I often find that is the most intelligent and inspiring conversation on any given day. I highly recommend you continue this particular line of therapy! There is nothing like looking into the eyes of unconditional love to give you just the right mood stabilizer, no matter the species!

Big hugs xo

LAC said...

I hope I can remember, and stay awake long enough to catch the show. I can't wait to tell hubby, look, there's a great blogger I am honored to 'know'.

He gets a kick out of the blogger community thing. Really he thinks it strange to feel such a connection to strangers. But, he appreciates the support group and the friendships we have made.

Think of the twinges as signs of life! If you didn't have them, you wouldn't be healing. Right?!

Stay positive! And tell Linus hello from the Ceaser's!

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope you are healing well, Patti.

About those electrical shocks: hmmm. I had major surgery in 1999 and I DO remember those jolts. I have to admit though, that I had forgotten abut them until you mentioned them. I am thinking about you!!

Michele said...

You are now officially famous!!!