Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wanna see my scar?

Just kidding!
Trying to keep my sense of humor here and I believe I'm doing a pretty good job of it.

Instead of some old scar, I'll show you a dramatic floral arrangement I got while still in the hospital.
The nurses and other assorted health professionals all ooohed and aaahed over it and one of them took a photo of it with her phone. She said she was going to use it as her phone background pic/wallpaper or whatever you call it.

They all went crazy for the exotic-looking Bird of Paradise flowers. It certainly is a unique arrangement, from a really unique friend.

I was trying to be artsy yesterday morning and I snapped photos without the flash. I just used the sun coming through the window.

Below find close-up of one of the Bird of Paradise blooms.

Oh! and I didn't even have to go on a cruise to get a towel animal. This little guy greeted me when I arrived in my room after surgery.



7 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours?!

Haha, did you laugh?

What exactly is that towel animal? I wanna say piggy, but I am not really good at identifying the rare towel breed of animals. You don't see any in Pennsylvania... EVER!

Patti said...

haha ~ no towel animals in Pa., huh?

I think it's a duck, because my surgeon is into rubber ducks. I actually wrote two stories for the paper about the duckies...a paint-a-duck contest to benefit the new Breast Wellness Center. ;-)

Sarah said...

That's a gorgeous photo of the bird of paradise.

barb @iPhoneographi said...

I'm blown away that you were sent home so soon and that you're already on the computer and cracking jokes. I'll admit, your post title took me a little aback!

The flowers are gorgeous!

And that towel animal is adorable!

Big hugs :]

Michele said...

I love your flower picture!! And the duckie!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Hey Patti! We are so tickled that you are doing well - and keeping your sence of humor as well :) Still praying for quick healing for you!!
Karla & Karrie

Linda said...

Trying to do some catching up this evening and reading your latest posts. I'm with Lisa, though, I have no idea what that towel animal is! I guess it could be a duck ...

Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful arrangement! I think I'd use a picture of it for my wallpaper, too, if I had the chance!