Monday, December 16, 2013

He made his move

So I haven't written anything here in a while..a long while.
But I do take care of two blogs, one for the New Haven Register and one for the Valley Arts Council.

That's my excuse!

Yesterday we moved our son into his first apartment. It's in Brooklyn.

He landed a job in Manhattan and has been commuting for two weeks from home while waiting for the apartment to be ready. Now his commute is much shorter!

Cameron explaining to Ralph how he is going to arrange things in his new place.

I was happy to meet several of his neighbors, who welcomed us, held doors for us, and explained how to operate the old fashioned elevator (the building dates back to 1927).
Two women introduced themselves and wanted to know Cameron's name. Friendly folks.

This is a lot different than dropping him off at a dorm at college. A lot different.

Safe to say I'm sad and proud and happy for him all rolled into one.

And we wish him all the best as he makes his way in the Big Apple. Love you always, Cam!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats Cameron! And to Mom & Dad - you both did a great job!

Patti said...

Thanks, Wendy

Dianne said...

there truly are a lot of friendly folks in the big city, especially Brooklyn

the floors are gorgeous!
I love those old buildings

Have a great time Cam!

Patti said...

thanks, Dianne, I will show him this post.

Michele said...

I am so excited for Cam! He will do well as he was raised by great parents!

Patti said...

thanks, Michele